Since 2018 I’ve been doing these accomplishment and goals articles. Here’s an update for 2021 and what I have planned for 2022. If you follow me on Instagram, you might see them again 😛 Let’s get into it, shall we?
Previous accomplishments and goals posts:
- My 2018 Accomplishments and 2019 Goals
- 2019 Accomplishments so far and Goals
- 2019 Accomplishments & 2020 Goals
- 2020 Accomplishments and 2021 Goals
2021 felt like an extension of 2020, meaning that, for me, it didn’t feel like it existed 😛
I somehow managed to finish a lot of things and it’s only begun to sink in now. For my 2021 goals, I ended up revisiting them twice. First, to change the goals because I accomplished a lot of things on the list. Second time was because I had some life setbacks so I knew I wouldn’t be able to get some of the things done that I planned.
Anyway, I got a lot of stuff done. Let me pull up my nifty Instagram post because I made a nice little list of all the things I accomplished.
I can’t believe myself, almost, I mean…I DID THIS. HOW??? I even managed to get an editor for Lunar Heart, Shadow Bound. And she was amazing. (Here’s her website if you want to check her out: Worthy Writers Editing – Kirsten McNeill).
I finished a lot more stuff than I thought. This is the first time I actually felt a sense of imposter syndrome. Who is this girl? How did I manage all this? Well, that goes to show you guys that if you put your mind to something you can sure as HECK get things done. I think the main thing that kept me going was my personal ambition–to write as many fantasy stories as I can and have a whole bunch on my belt.
Two goals I didn’t accomplish and they are,
5. Get someone to help me design my book interior and jacket for self-publishing by the end of the year. (This goal was eliminated because of life setbacks, but it’s okay. Slow and steady wins the race, guys, I WILL publish one day.)
8. Edit my magic realism duology and post on Wattpad. (I got one of them up, but not the other.)
The numbers are from my previous goals/accomplishments article in the “2021 Goals” section.
- The most immediate, easiest goal here: upload my Lewis Carroll Wonderland-inspired story, Between Roses, to Wattpad. Begin revealing the chapters to the public on Feb. 22, 2022. This is a special day for me as it’s the anniversary of my partner and I getting engaged 😉
- Finish writing my current project, an underwater princess story. If you don’t follow me on Instagram, you’re missing updates on this story and beautiful aesthetic boards 😉 Go follow me on Instagram where I update on my writing life, or ask fun or deep questions every day (unless something comes up).
- Begin editing/rewriting Lunar Heart, Shadow Bound. Thanks to my editor, I now have a pretty good idea of where I tend to fall short and how I need to improve.
- Edit the second book in my magic realism duology and upload on Wattpad. Here we come, the sandy lands of Iptaj.
- Possibly, maybe, perhaps, might get back into my Oz-inspired series. Not a must for the year. We’ll see.
- Begin testing out the waters for another World of Elgana book featuring a lion girl and some magical roar.
- Read books and do more bookstagram.
I have been doing Wattpad goals separate from other goals, but this year, they are on the same list.
Try to make your own list of accomplishments and goals. Don’t add things that aren’t fun (like exams or looking for a job) or you will never want to look at the list again. Just write down fun goals and have a good year! 😀