So, since 2018 I’ve written up these accomplishment and goals posts. Here’s an update for 2019 and what I have planned for 2020.
Now, I have already posted about this on my Instagram, but I’ll do it here as well for those of you who don’t have Instagram or for those of you who didn’t know I had an Instagram account (which is a new thing, btw).
Previous accomplishments and Goals posts:
2019 saw the finish of many projects that I had been tackling. It was so nice to finish one after another after another.
- Finished “The Choice of Aurvandil” (needs another edit but looks pretty good).
- Finished “Red, White, or In Between” (as best as I can with my editing skills).
- Won NaNoWriMo 2019. This is where “The Gold of Charmteller” was born! 😀
- Finished editing a lit-fic omniscient dark drama satire tragedy thing which is “The Façade of Quad in Nimrod“. My characters gave me a headache, but I finished this book 4 minutes before 2020. Thrilled! 😀
- Made two Instagram accounts. One for writing, and one for digital illustration. You probably don’t know this about me, but I’ve always loved to draw and come up with my own characters. Do check out my illustrations and original characters unrelated to writing. It’s nice to be able to do it in color!
- Wrote poem number 700!
- For the last accomplishment of 2019, I feel I have grown as a writer. The “daunting” task of writing a novel isn’t so daunting anymore which is nice.
And that’s it!
For 2020 goals, I made two posts in Instagram. One for general writing goals. The other specifically related to National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) goals.
NaNoWriMo is now allowing people to challenge themselves outside of their usual November writing month. You can now give yourself a month and a word count goal and essentially do your own personal novel writing challenge. I think it’s nice for some people who want to keep up the NaNoWriMo chaos practice. It’s good if you can practice doing NaNoWriMo before it starts officially in November.
Now for my goals of 2020 which I will clump together here.
- I’ve done a retelling of Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland (“Red, White, or In Between”). Teasing the idea of a retelling of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. “Hmm… will tease the idea more this year,” I said on Instagram. I am in fact already writing it 😉
- Edit “The Gold of Charmteller”. Okay, so, this may or may not happen. I’m not going to pressure myself to do editing if I just don’t feel it. Forcing myself just doesn’t work out. If this does not get accomplished, it is okay 🙂
- I have a four-book series I wanna write. Yep.
- Another book taking place in the World of Elgana is being teased. Will further tease this idea.
- I’m also ambitiously hoping to query something this year. Maybe. Might not happen.
- I wasn’t able to write to poem number 800 in 2019. Hoping to meet that goal this year.
- Read more books! On and offline. Hoping to write up some book reviews here 🙂
And that’s it!
Try to make your own list of accomplishments and goals. Don’t add things that aren’t fun (like exams or looking for a job) or you will never want to look at the list again. Just write down fun goals and have a good year! 😀