This is the hub of all articles of writing advice and tips.
Advice and tips for writing fiction. Topics include world-building, omniscient point of view, how to get started, being original, editing, critiquing, etc.
- I’ve been scammed: A Lesson to Writers (Don’t be a gullible writer.)
- How to Write Poetry – MAYBE There’s a Solution???
- 11 Remedies for Getting Back into Writing
- How to Write an Original Story (Hint: It’s a mindset thing.)
- You vs the Ugly Things (When you are a writer, some things might get you down. Advice for that.)
Pros & Cons
It’s good to know pros and cons to decide what is best for you 🙂
Tips for Writing Fiction
- Starting a New Story
- The First Chapter
- 6 things you MUST HAVE in your first chapter (Must, more or less.)
Specifically on World Building
- Ultimate Species Wiki Template (Build your own Wiki for your fantasy species)
- Have you thought about this for your fantasy world? (Topics you may not have thought about when world building)
- Research is for writers, too (About doing research for your story)
A Study on Omniscient Point of View
Since a lot of information online confuses what omniscient is, and people tend to give conflicting advice, I’ve had to figure out through trial and much error how to write omniscient. Here are some of my findings which I hope will help others.
- Omniscient Discoveries 1: Commentary
- Omniscient Discoveries 2: Head Hopping
- Omniscient Discoveries 3: vs Multiple Point of View
- Omniscient Discoveries 4: Dialogue
- Omniscient Discoveries 5: A Story About Who…?
- Omniscient Discoveries 6: Double or Single Quotes?
Editing Your First Draft / First Chapter
How to edit your story? Where to start? When to end? While there are a lot of resources on editing and there are even professionals you can pay to edit your story, you as a writer must first do some on your own. From my own experience, here are some tips, advice, suggestions, and personal anecdotes using my stories as examples.
Critiquing and Being Critiqued
I also critique on Wattpad. I have some advice and suggestions.
- 5 Part Structure for Critiquing Others’ Stories
- Be A Sponge: How to be critiqued gracefully
- Critiquing in Wattpad Culture
Not only am I a writer of fiction, I also write blogs. Here are some tips.